Sunday, April 22, 2018, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
On Sunday, April 22nd we are offering our first ever Equipping Workshop for servers in Kids Ministry and FSM. Our goal is to empower servers to more effectively meet the needs of ALL kids and students during their time at church.
We will be covering a range of topics including:
- How to respond to challenging behaviors
- Understanding the functions of behavior – the motive behind the behavior
- Strategies to help with de-escalation
- Ideas for reinforcing positive behaviors
- Implementing the use of visuals and schedules to ease anxiety
- Tips on how to communicate with those who are non-verbal
- Characteristics of more common diagnoses
Whether you serve in Kids Ministry, Open Gates, Launch, Elevate, or Pointbreak, this training is for you!
We will meet in the Preschool Worship room and begin at 1:00pm. Lunch will be served, so come hungry!
As an inclusive church, a church who welcomes individuals with all sorts of different needs, we need everyone to make it happen. My prayer is that this time will bind us together as a more unified front to welcome and include all of God’s people into His house!