April Bridging Serve Opportunities
Happy Easter! As we begin celebrating the risen Lord, we want to thank you who are serving at one of our many Easter services on the Faithbridge campus, as well as those who served at one of our mission partner events. We blessed our seniors at Spring Woodlands Ministries with Easter goodie bags, provided Easter Blessing Bags to the homeless at Soul Safari, and visited assisted living seniors with Easter Rejoice gift bags. This year’s annual Easter Fun Fest for the residents of Mission of Yahweh, a homeless shelter for women and children, was a huge God sighting. Over 50 Faithbridgers gathered to provide an egg hunt, face-painting, crafts, games, raffle, snacks, a bounce house and, of course, the story of Jesus’ death and resurrection. It was beautiful to see so many women open to being prayed over and to be given the hope of a better future for themselves and their children.
I’d also like to introduce another ministry partner, Finishing Touch Ministry. Finishing Touch exists to help “the least and the lost,” providing gently used furniture, home décor and kitchen essentials to people in need. They have done “Extreme Home Makeover” type projects for women rescued from human trafficking, single moms, the mentally challenged, special needs and many, many victims of Hurricane Harvey. See the calendar below to learn more about supporting this ministry in their upcoming fundraiser, which will include a hands-on self-defense class.
Thanks again for making more and stronger disciples who make more and stronger disciples of Jesus Christ by stepping out in obedience to serve with our local ministry partners.
- April 1: (Sunday): Foodshare Sunday: bring non-perishable food items to share with local pantries
- April 3: (Tuesday): Help transport groceries to Northwest Assistance Ministries and Spring Woodlands Ministries.
- April 8 (Sunday, 1-3pm): Finishing Touch Brunch with a Punch at the Houston Racquet Club. To purchase tickets and learn more about this event go to www.finishingtouchhouston.org
- April 10 (Tuesday, 11am-1pm): Klein ISD Training to become a Surrogate Parent/Educational Advocate for students living in Foster Care Group Homes. Training is at the KISD Teaching and Learning Center located at 4411 Louetta Road. Please email to confirm your attendance.
- April 10 (Tuesday, 6:30-8pm): Northvale Village Retirement Center Potluck Dinner/Bingo Night. Come fellowship with residents, play bingo and bring a snack to share. Family friendly serve.
- April 14 (Saturday, 9-11am): Soul Safari Homeless Outreach. Provide prayer, fellowship, basic needs to homeless and underserved folks at the SWcorner of FM1960 @ Kuykendahl, look for zebra bus.
- April 14 (Saturday, 10-11:30am): Willowbrook Residential/Rehabilitation Center Senior Citizen Serve. Come visit with those in assisted living area. Family friendly serve.
- April 17 (Tuesday, 11:30am-1:30pm): Spring Woodlands Ministries Senior Afternoon Out. Bring a dish, serve, and fellowship with senior citizens.
- April 20 (Friday, 9am-noon; 1-4pm): NAM Food Pantry Sort and assist clients with groceries.
- April 21 (Saturday, 9:15-11am): NAM Meals on Wheels. Deliver groceries to seniors and handicapped folks.
- April 21 (Saturday, 9-11am): Mission of Yahweh coffee, donuts, kolaches, devotional, and crafts.
- April 27 (Friday, 6:30pm): Bridging For Tomorrow Plant A Seed Fundraiser at Northgate Country Club. Business Casual. To learn more about the event and to purchase tickets, go to their website, http://www.bridgingfortomorrow.org/plantaseed
As you are Spring Cleaning, we are looking for very gently used teen boys and girls clothing for our Back to School Bash Drive to bless our local foster care homes. Specific needs for XL girls and boys clothes, new underwear and pajama pants. Drop off date is May 1st.
Flexible Serve Opportunities
- Mentors and Surrogate Parents/Educational Advocates for Klein ISD students living in 18 residential group homes in our area. Be the one to make a difference in the life and future of a teen in foster care. Training provided.
- Mae’s Closet (Resource Closet for Foster Families): needs help sorting donations of kids clothing, toys and equipment donated to help families who are fostering children. Sorting dates in September are Mondays and Thursdays from 9am-1pm. Location is at the Public Storage next door to Faithbridge. Contact Trisha directly to let her know you can serve.
- Visiting Seniors: if you have the heart to reach out to the elderly in assisted living and nursing homes in our area then this serve opportunity is for you. Create your own flexible schedule to be a regular visitor to senior citizens. Opportunities close by and in the Woodlands. This is a wonderful kid friendly serve opportunity as well. Contact Dinah Prosperi for details
- Hope Center: Day shelter for the homeless population along the Cypress Creek Pkwy needs volunteers to serve in a variety of ways. Shifts available. Serve once a month or weekly. Check out their website for more information. https://www.1960hopecenter.com/
- Donations of new and gently used infant and children clothing, furniture, toys, equipment always welcome for Mae’s Closet. Contact to set up a time to drop off donations.