January Bridging Serve Opportunities
Dear Faithbridgers and Friends,
Christmas 2018 will go down as one of the most special in the history of our church. As Pastor Ken mentioned on Sunday, our attendance of 7,503 was the most we've ever had for our Christmas Eve services. Just as importantly, we were able to serve more people than ever this year. Thank you so much for your generous donations to our local partner ministries and for the countless volunteer hours you gave to the homeless, senior citizens, and foster children. Lives were impacted in tangible, meaningful ways through the ministry of Faithbridge church and for that, we are most thankful.
Serving isn't just for Christmas, though, because needs continue throughout the year. Our January calendar is already full of opportunities for serving and generosity. Please look at the enclosed list of serve-dates and prayerfully consider how you can get involved in our local mission. Perhaps you could participate as a family or a grow group.
I'm looking forward to the great things God will do in and through our local missions in 2019. Thanks for all you do to make it a reality!
- January 8: (Tuesday, 6:30-8pm) Northvale Village Retirement Center.Potluck Dinner/Bingo Night. Come fellowship with residents, play bingo and bring a side dish to share. Family friendly serve.
- January 11: (Friday, 9am-noon) Spring Woodlands Ministry Senior Outreach. Volunteers will meet at Amazing Spaces Warehouse to load grocery bags into box truck and head to a local senior apartment complex in Spring to deliver and pray for senior citizens in need. Volunteers will be in groups of 2-3 as they deliver as a team. If you have a heart for the elderly, this is for you!
- January 12: (Saturday, 9-11am) Soul Safari Homeless Outreach. Provide prayer, fellowship, basic needs to homeless and under served folks at the SWcorner of FM1960 @ Kuykendahl, look for zebra bus.
- January 12: (Saturday, 9-11am) Willowbrook Residential/Rehabilitation Center. Senior Citizen Serve. Come fellowship with the residents and visit with those in assisted living area. Family friendly serve.
- January 13: (Sunday) Foodshare Sunday: bring non-perishable food items to share with local pantries
- January 15: (Tuesday) Help transport groceries to Northwest Assistance Ministries and Spring Woodlands Ministries.
- January 17: (Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm) Young Lives Club. YLVS is a Young Life program for teenage mothers and their kids. Drivers, leaders, childcare workers needed for first club this fall. Hope Community Church, 11811 Misty Valley (across from Klein Forest) will host this fall. Contact for more information and to volunteer.
- January 18: (Friday, 9am-4pm): Northwest Assistance Ministries Food Pantry. Sort and assist clients with groceries. Come for a couple of hours, work mornings or afternoons, or stay all day with Faithbridge team.
- January 19: (Saturday, 9:15-11am): Northwest Assistance Ministries Meals on Wheels. Deliver groceries or frozen foods to seniors and handicapped folks in the NW Houston/Tomball area.
- January 20: (Sunday, 12:45pm) Orphan Care Ministry Lunch and Learn. Come have lunch and attend training on Overview of Trauma Based Relational Intervention. This is an amazing course for parents and caregivers interacting with children who have experienced trauma. Childcare available for infants through 5th grade. Registration necessary for childcare by Thursday, January 17.
- January 26: (Saturday, 8am-1pm) Mission of Yahweh. Come help prepare and serve early dinner to residents and play games with women and kids before dinner. Family friendly serve ages 10+.
- January 31: (Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm) Young Lives Club. YLVS is a Young Life program for teenage mothers and their kids. Drivers, leaders, childcare workers needed for first club this fall. Hope Community Church, 11811 Misty Valley (across from Klein Forest) will host this fall. Contact for more information and to volunteer.
Flexible Serve Opportunities
- Visiting Seniors: If you have the heart to reach out to the elderly in assisted living and nursing homes in our area then this serve opportunity is for you. Create your own flexible schedule to be a regular visitor to senior citizens or join the Wednesday afternoon Faithbridge team to visit and pray with seniors in facilities nearby. This is a wonderful kid friendly serve opportunity as well. Contact Dinah Prosperi for details
- Hope Center: Day shelter for the homeless population along the Cypress Creek Pkwy needs volunteers to serve in a variety of ways. Shifts available. Serve once a month or weekly. Check out their website for more information. https://www.1960hopecenter.com/
- Bridging for Tomorrow: Head to their website to see how you can become a Community Builder. www.bridgingfortomorrow.org
- Senior Rides and More: Senior Rides and More of Northwest Houston volunteers use their own cars and gas to take care receivers to doctors or clinics, go grocery shopping or to food banks, pick up prescriptions or accomplish other transportation-dependent errands. Volunteers pick the days and times they are available to help the elderly with transportation. Volunteers complete a short one hour training and pick days and times to serve according to their own schedules. Contact for more details as well as visit their website www.seniorridesandmore.org
- Foster Care: Volunteer to be an educational advocate/surrogate parent for KISD student in foster care, become a mentor to child in group home, help with Academic Enrichment Program at Hearts with Hope group home.
- Northwest Assistance Ministries: Volunteers needed for a variety of tasks. Go to their website and click on volunteer for more information. Volunteer when it fits your schedule.