March Bridging Serve Opportunities
February brought a lot of excitement to our campus with the Super Sunday outreach event on February 4th, Super Bowl Sunday. It was exciting to see hundreds of grocery bags being accepted at our three drop off locations that morning. Thanks to many of you who volunteered and helped collect, count, organize, load, and deliver the over 900 bags to four different ministry partners: Northwest Assistance Ministries, Spring Woodlands Ministries, God’s Food Pantry at Houston Christway Ministries and Boys and Girl’s Country. Each ministry was thrilled with the amount of donations. We were even able to bless some families in our own congregation as well.
Last week, Michael Sullivan and I traveled to India to provide training for 65 pastors and other church leaders. On graduation day they specifically asked me to thank you, the Faithbridge congregation, for making this opportunity possible. Once again, I was reminded of the many blessings I take for granted every day: a hot shower, comfortable bed, and a quality education. I’m so glad to serve in a church that is willing to be generous with its abundance of blessings!
As Pastor Ken preached another great sermon this past Sunday, we are reminded in Philippians 2:1-11 that we are to do nothing out of selfish ambition, and that we are to serve others. Humbling ourselves before the Lord requires us to die to our own agendas and to seek the Holy Spirit’s direction in serving others. With that in mind, I hope you will stop by Faithbridge this Saturday, March 3, between 9 AM and 1 PM, to experience some family-friendly serve opportunities with our various ministry partners. Thanks in advance for being the hands and feet of Jesus, not only to your families, but to your friends, neighbors, and community as well.
- March 3: (Saturday, 9am-1pm) Local Ministry Fair. Come learn about and help with serve projects for our local partners at Faithbridge. Family friendly. Come for an hour or two to stuff Easter eggs, put together homeless bags, prepare non-perishable kid's meal bags, or stuff goodie bags for seniors.
- March 4: Foodshare Sunday: bring non-perishable food items to share with local pantries
- March 5: Help transport groceries to Northwest Assistance Ministries and Spring Woodlands Ministries.
- March 10 (Saturday, 10-11:30am): Willowbrook Residential/Rehabilitation Center-Senior Citizen Serve. Come visit with those in assisted living area. Family friendly serve.
- March 10 (Saturday, 9-11am): Soul Safari Homeless Outreach. Provide prayer, fellowship, basic needs to homeless and underserved folks at the SWcorner of FM1960 @ Kuykendahl, look for zebra bus.
- March 16 (Friday, 9am-Noon; 1-4pm): NAM Food Pantry Sort and Assist Clients with groceries.
- March 17 (Saturday, 9:15-11am): NAM Meals on Wheels. Deliver groceries to seniors and handicapped folks.
- March 20 (Tuesday, 11:30am-1:30pm): Spring Woodlands Ministries Seniors Afternoon Out. Bring a dish, serve, and fellowship with senior citizens.
- March 20 (Tuesday, 6:30-8pm): Northvale Village Retirement Center Potluck Dinner/Bingo Night. Family friendly.
- March 24 (Saturday, 9-11:30pm): Mission of Yahweh Annual Easter Fun Fest. Come celebrate the Easter season with the women and children at the mission. Helpers needed in many areas. The event will include a jump house, egg hunt, crafts, story time, playtime, and games. There will be a raffle for the residents as well. Raffle items needed: gift cards ($10-$25), women's accessories, new kids toys (small).
As you are Spring Cleaning, we are looking for very gently used teen boys and girls clothing for our Back to School Bash Drive to bless our local foster care homes. Specific needs for XL girls and boys clothes, new underwear and pajama pants. Drop off date is May 1st.
Flexible Serve Opportunities
- Mentors and Surrogate Parents/Educational Advocates for Klein ISD students living in 18 residential group homes in our area. Be the one to make a difference in the life and future of a teen in foster care. Training provided.
- Mae’s Closet (Resource Closet for Foster Families): needs help sorting donations of kids clothing, toys and equipment donated to help families who are fostering children. Sorting dates in September are Mondays and Thursdays from 9am-1pm. Location is at the Public Storage next door to Faithbridge. Contact Trisha directly to let her know you can serve.
- Visiting Seniors: if you have the heart to reach out to the elderly in assisted living and nursing homes in our area then this serve opportunity is for you. Create your own flexible schedule to be a regular visitor to senior citizens. Opportunities close by and in the Woodlands. This is a wonderful kid friendly serve opportunity as well. Contact Dinah Prosperi for details
- Hope Center: Day shelter for the homeless population along the Cypress Creek Pkwy needs volunteers to serve in a variety of ways. Shifts available. Serve once a month or weekly. Check out their website for more information. https://www.1960hopecenter.com/
- Donations of new and gently used infant and children clothing, furniture, toys, equipment always welcome for Mae’s Closet. Contact to set up a time to drop off donations.