November Bridging Serve Opportunities
Sign up to get our Bridging Newsletter every month.
Dear Faithbridgers and Friends,
It seems like just yesterday we were welcoming the new year, and now the holidays are upon us once more! I enjoy any holiday on the calendar, but Thanksgiving is easily my favorite. I'm partial to this time of year seasonally, and I especially love a day devoted to food and football! More than those delightful things, however, I like Thanksgiving for what it represents. I am thankful our forefathers saw fit to set aside a day to express our gratitude. Truly, we are a blessed people, not only among all nations, but among all nations in history. The bounty of our land is astonishing, yet it is so easy to take for granted. I encourage you to use the month of November to cultivate an ongoing attitude of gratitude. A thankful person is always a more pleasant person, and it's a big step in becoming more Christ-like.
One way to cultivate that attitude is by serving those who are less fortunate and under-resourced. In this newsletter you will find a cornucopia of opportunities to show the love of Jesus in practical ways: serving senior citizens, ministering to homeless mothers and children, and providing food for the hungry are just a few of the events taking place this month.
One thing for which I am continually thankful is the incredible generosity and serving spirit of Faithbridgers. Thank you for all you do to serve our community and for doing your part to make more and stronger disciples of Jesus Christ who make more and stronger disciples of Jesus Christ!
- November 4: (Sunday) Foodshare Sunday:bring non-perishable food items to share with local pantries
- November 4: (Sunday, 3:30-6pm) Mission of Yahweh Sunday Serve:. Games, fellowship, prepare and serve dinner to residents and children.
- November 6: (Tuesday) Help transport groceries toNorthwest Assistance Ministriesand Spring Woodlands Ministries.
- November 9:(Friday, 9am-noon) Spring Woodlands Ministry Senior Outreach. Volunteers will meet at Amazing Spaces Warehouse to load grocery bags into box truck and head to a local senior apartment complex in Spring to deliver and pray for senior citizens in need. Volunteers will be in groups of 2-3 as they deliver as a team. If you have a heart for the elderly, this is for you!
- November 10: (Saturday, 9-11am) Soul Safari Homeless Outreach.Provide prayer, fellowship, basic needs to homeless and under served folks at the SWcorner of FM1960 @ Kuykendahl, look for zebra bus.
- November 10: (Saturday, 10-11:30am) Willowbrook Residential/Rehabilitation Center.Senior Citizen Serve. Come visit with those in assisted living area. Family friendly serve.
- November 13: (Tuesday, 6:30-8pm) Northvale Village Retirement Center.Thanksgiving Dinner/Bingo Night. Come fellowship with residents, play bingo and bring a side dish to share. Family friendly serve.
- November 14:(Wednesday, 10am-noon) Come help sort children’s clothing donations for Mae’s Closet Kids Resource Closetat Faithbridge in the West Atrium. Homeschoolers Welcome!
- November 15:(Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm) Young Lives Club. YLVS is a Young Life program for teenage mothers and their kids. Drivers, leaders, childcare workers needed for first club this fall. Hope Community Church, 11811 Misty Valley (across from Klein Forest) will host this fall. Contact for more information and to volunteer.
- November 16: (Friday, 9am-4pm): Northwest Assistance Ministries Food Pantry.Sort and assist clients with groceries. Come for a couple of hours, work mornings or afternoons, or stay all day with Faithbridge team.
- November 17: (Saturday, 9:15-11am): Northwest Assistance Ministries Meals on Wheels. Deliver groceries or frozen foods to seniors and handicapped folks in the NW Houston/Tomball area.
- November 17:(Saturday, 8am-1pm)Mission of Yahweh’s Annual Thanksgiving Community Outreach event.Come help pass out turkeys, groceries and bibles to families in need. Lots of volunteers needed to distribute food, carry items to cars, help with parking, prayer partners, etc.
- November 29:(Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm) Young Lives Club. YLVS is a Young Life program for teenage mothers and their kids. Drivers, leaders, childcare workers needed for first club this fall. Hope Community Church, 11811 Misty Valley (across from Klein Forest) will host this fall. Contact for more information and to volunteer.
SAVE THE DATE: Christmas Giving for several partner ministries available at the Bridging Center from November 25-December 9.
Flexible Serve Opportunities
- Visiting Seniors: if you have the heart to reach out to the elderly in assisted living and nursing homes in our area then this serve opportunity is for you. Create your own flexible schedule to be a regular visitor to senior citizens or join the Wednesday afternoon Faithbridge team to visit and pray with seniors in facilities nearby. This is a wonderful kid friendly serve opportunity as well. Contact Dinah Prosperi for details
- Hope Center: Day shelter for the homeless population along the Cypress Creek Pkwy needs volunteers to serve in a variety of ways. Shifts available. Serve once a month or weekly. Check out their website for more information. https://www.1960hopecenter.com/
- Bridging for Tomorrow: head to their website to see how you can become a Community Builder. www.bridgingfortomorrow.org
- Senior Rides and More:Senior Rides and More of Northwest Houston volunteers use their own cars and gas to take care receivers to doctors or clinics, go grocery shopping or to food banks, pick up prescriptions or accomplish other transportation-dependent errands. Volunteers pick the days and times they are available to help the elderly with transportation. Volunteers complete a short one hour training and pick days and times to serve according to their own schedules. Contact for more details as well as visit their website www.seniorridesandmore.org.