Never Been Closer Resources
Just because we’re having to be socially distant, doesn’t mean we need to be spiritually distanced. Over the next few weeks we are going to share several spiritual habits that are absolutely essential to bring you closer to God.
Below, you will find resources that go with the messages in our series.
Part 1: Prayer resources
- 40 Days of Prayer
- Praying with C.S. Lewis, Charles C. Taliaferro (Saint Mary's Press)
- Piercing Heaven: Prayers of the Puritans, Robert Elmer
- The Valley of Vision : A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions (Paperback), Arthur G. Bennett [1988 Edition]
- Someone Who Beckons: Readings and Prayers for 60 Days Paperback – January 1, 1978, Timothy Dudley-Smith
- Praying the Psalms, Second Edition, Walter Brueggemann | May 1, 2007
- Praying with the Psalms: A Year of Daily Prayers and Reflections on the Words of David, Eugene H. Peterson | July 23, 1993
- Ancient Christian Devotional: A Year of Weekly Readings, Lectionary Cycle A Paperback – April 11, 2007, General Editor, Thomas Oden
- Enjoy the Silence, Duffy and Maggie Robbins, Zondervan/HarperCollins
- Operation World (Unreached People) web site: http://www.operationworld.org/
- Open Doors (Persecuted Christians) web site: https://www.opendoorsusa.org/
APP: Pray as You Go
PODCAST: The Daily Liturgy
PArt 2: Bible REading resources
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney
- Bible Reading Plan on the Faithbridge App
- Download the Faithbridge App and go to "Bible"
Here are the Bible meditation questions TA mentioned in his message:
Why did God put this passage in the Bible?
How does the Gospel inform this passage?
How is this passage personal to me?
How will my life be different because of what I have read?