February Bridging Serve Opportunities
Dear Faithbridgers and Friends,
February is the month we typically associate with love. (Guys, I hope you are making plans accordingly!) While it's good we set aside a day to celebrate love, for Christ-followers it's a way of life. Jesus said, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Certainly, love can be expressed in any number of ways - gifts, cards, affection, encouraging words. When Jesus spoke these words, though, he had a very specific expression in mind: serving! He had just washed his disciples' feet and wanted them to understand the connection between love and acts of service.
Our local Bridging Ministry is all about serving. Each month we work with our local partners to serve those in need. Please take a look at the opportunities listed for this month and prayerfully consider how you might express your love as you serve in the name of Christ!
- February 3: (Sunday) Foodshare Sunday. Bring non-perishable food items to share with local pantries
- February 4: (Monday) Help transport groceries toNorthwest Assistance Ministries, Spring Woodlands Ministries, andBoys and Girls Country that were collected on Superbowl Sunday.
- February 8: (Friday, 9am-noon) Spring Woodlands Ministry Senior Outreach. Volunteers will meet at Amazing Spaces Warehouse to load grocery bags into box truck and head to a local senior apartment complex in Spring to deliver and pray for senior citizens in need. Volunteers will be in groups of 2-3 as they deliver as a team. If you have a heart for the elderly, this is for you!
- February 9: (Saturday, 9-11am) Soul Safari Homeless Outreach.Provide prayer, fellowship, basic needs to homeless and under served folks at the SWcorner of FM1960 @ Kuykendahl, look for zebra bus.
- February 9: (Saturday, 10-11:30am) Willowbrook Residential/Rehabilitation Center.Senior Citizen Serve. Come fellowship with the residents and visit with those in assisted living area. Family friendly serve.
- February 12: (Tuesday, 6:30-8pm) Northvale Village Retirement Center.Potluck Dinner/Bingo Night. Come fellowship with residents, play bingo and bring a side dish to share. Family friendly serve.
- February 12: (Tuesday, 6:30-8pm) Spring Woodlands Ministries. Seniors Valentine Party/Lunch. Site to be determined. Come help serve lunch and fellowship with these fun folks.
- February 13: (Wednesday, 10am-noon) Mae's Closet Sorting Day at Faithbridge. Come help sort donated clothes for this foster family resource ministry. Homeschoolers welcome!
- February 14: (Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm) Young Lives Club. YLVS is a Young Life program for teenage mothers and their kids. Drivers, leaders, childcare workers needed for first club this fall. Hope Community Church, 11811 Misty Valley (across from Klein Forest) will host this fall. Contact for more information and to volunteer.
- February 15: (Friday, 9am-4pm): Northwest Assistance Ministries Food Pantry.Sort and assist clients with groceries. Come for a couple of hours, work mornings or afternoons, or stay all day with Faithbridge team.
- February 16: (Saturday, 9:15-11am): Northwest Assistance Ministries Meals on Wheels. Deliver groceries or frozen foods to seniors and handicapped folks in the NW Houston/Tomball area.
- February 17: (Sunday, 2:30-5:30pm) Mission of Yahweh Bingo and Dinner. Come play bingo, play with the kids and serve the residents an early dinner
- February 17: (Sunday, 4-6pm) Foster Care Games and Dinner Gathering for Embracing DestinyBoys. Come play games, fellowship, and serve dinner to the boys and staff.
- February 23: (Saturday, 9am-3pm) Foster Care babysitting training at The Church Project located at 295 Sawdust Road in the Woodwinds Center in The Woodlands, organized by Love Fosters Hope Houston. This will offer excellent information on dealing with children from trauma.
- February 27: (Wednesday, 10am-noon) Mae's Closet Sorting Day at Faithbridge. Come help sort donated clothes for this foster family resource ministry. Homeschoolers welcome!
- February 28: (Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm) Young Lives Club. YLVS is a Young Life program for teenage mothers and their kids. Drivers, leaders, childcare workers needed for first club this fall. Hope Community Church, 11811 Misty Valley (across from Klein Forest) will host this fall. Contact for more information and to volunteer.
Flexible Serve Opportunities
- Visiting Seniors: if you have the heart to reach out to the elderly in assisted living and nursing homes in our area then this serve opportunity is for you. Create your own flexible schedule to be a regular visitor to senior citizens or join the Wednesday afternoon Faithbridge team to visit and pray with seniors in facilities nearby. This is a wonderful kid friendly serve opportunity as well. Contact Dinah Prosperi for details
- Hope Center: Day shelter for the homeless population along the Cypress Creek Pkwy needs volunteers to serve in a variety of ways. Shifts available. Serve once a month or weekly. Check out their website for more information. https://www.1960hopecenter.com/
- Bridging for Tomorrow: head to their website to see how you can become a Community Builder. www.bridgingfortomorrow.org
- Foster Care:Volunteer to be an educational advocate/surrogate parent for KISD student in foster care, become a mentor to child in group home, help with Academic Enrichment Program at Hearts with Hope group home.
- Northwest Assistance Ministries:volunteers needed for a variety of tasks. Go to their websiteand click on volunteer for more information. Volunteer when it fits your schedule.